
It seems that I have neglected my blog for a few consecutive weeks now. And for that I am not that sorry. As you could have guess, I'm not terribly attached to my blog, and I keep in touch with people through other means, making a blog worth almost....no, I won't say, for something will happen that I dislike greatly: having to eat my own words. I will however leave my readers with a few choice words and comments:
There is usually one thing, above all others, that makes an experience. It is invariably indescribable and indefinable. But, in my understanding, this is as a result of a lack of vocabulary; a failing or an underdevelopment on the part of the receiver of such an experience. When we have a name for something, or can at least use our intellect and reason to describe it, it gives the experience that much more of a meaning, along with serving as a sealant in the annals of ones memory. If one is to learn to profit from something, one must be able to depict it to the best of their ability – even at the expense of sounding over-dramatic. For when something is identified as over-dramatic, it is simply because it goes against the very nebulous concept of normality. So, instead of saying “that bike ride was good”, we should in reality reply or state with unabashed certainty “that bike ride was superb!” or “that bike ride was exhilarating!” Too often we place our own selves in these man made confines of normalcy and familiarity. And it is here that we must recall the great adage: familiarity breeds contempt. How often does this apply to our own selves, not just as a measurement of relationships between people. If we seclude ourselves, within ourselves, and thereby live in the weeds of routine and regularity, we are breeding, more and more, the seeds of self-hatred. And these are poisonous and quite deadly – from which recovery is difficult and requires the utmost consecration – and consecration is a funny thing. I know that this description is quite lame, and ultimately powerless to fully illustrate this concept, but you must forgive the lack of necessary vocabulary. I say it is funny for a number of reasons. And these reasons I will hopefully, in the near future, be able to explicate further - time and understanding permitting.
And to conclude this entry, I will end with the writings of Gibran:

THE GOOD GOD AND THE EVIL GOD
The Good God and the Evil God met on the mountain top. The Good God said, "Good day to you, brother." The Evil God made no answer. And the Good God said, "You are in a bad humour today." "Yes," said the Evil God, "for of late I have been often mistaken for you, called by your name, and treated as if I were you, and it ill-pleases me." And the Good God said. "But I too have been mistaken for you and called by your name." The Evil God walked away cursing the stupidity of man.
1 comment:
What a beautiful short essay, Geoff. You SHOULD write more. And what a nice quote too. How are you doing, Cuz?
Post a Comment